Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Gettin' Cultured

This morning started quite early. I went and did stair repeats with two friends, and then we went down to the ocean. Some other kids in our program went surfing this morning, so we went to the water to watch. By the time I got to school, I was already tired. We learned about the conditional tense in my grammar class and Incan bridges in my history class, so nothing terribly exciting.

After our school, we went to UNIFE. We were given the option of sitting in one of two lectures either a Peruvian literature talk or one about Castellano. I chose the Castellano lecture and it was really interesting. It's a language in between Latin and Spanish. There are a lot of words and phrases that I recognized from both Spanish and English. The professor was really intelligent and I'm glad I got to sit in his lecture.

One part of our curriculum here is to give presentations (in Spanish) to the UNIFE students about different aspects of Peruvian culture. The students then translate our presentations, so it's practice for all of us. Today was the first round of presentations. I didn't have to go, but many students did and we all got to learn even more about Peru, its history and the culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment