Thursday, June 12, 2014

Copa Mundial. El Primero Dia

Big day down here in the south. Opening game of the World Cup and everyone here was pretty amped.  We talked about it in both of my classes today and my teachers were really excited about it too. One thinks Brazil will win and the other is rooting for the Netherlands. Don't ask me why. My host father also thinks Brazil is going to win, and I think most people here are cheering for Brazil since Peru isn't participating.

So after school, we got lunch and then headed to a bar to watch the game. We were a little late, but I got there just in time to see Brazil give up an own goal and go down 1-0. Fortunately for all the people I was surrounded by, Brazil did end up winning the game. It's pretty exciting watching in a country so passionate about soccer. Four years ago, I remember watching with my friends and they could care less about the outcome of the games. They just wanted an excuse to get together and get drunk. Here it's so cultural and so exciting.

After the game, I went shopping with some friends and then home to pack. We leave Saturday morning early for Cuzco, but tonight we actually have free time to pack everything. I know it's not super exciting, but I'll throw that in here anyway. It's also my last dinner with my host family because tomorrow we have a group dinner, so that's really sad too. And too add on to my list of "lasts" tonight is our last night to go out. We really can't be tired going to Cuzco because the change in altitude is going to be tough. I guess we've got to all live it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment